Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Revit Design Adventures: Six Sheets in Six Days, Day 3 (20)





A3 is the current view we're looking at. For phasing this is a 'Phase 1, Show Complete' plan. The skylights and overhang are the actual model objects, not just lines. In other words, if anything changes with the roof or skylights the plan will reflect those changes in real time. It's important to work with this philosophy as much as possible. The structural symbols denoting the roof joists and lintels are just text and lines. They are grouped and named accordingly so I can reproduce them. This kind of thing is better served with either a tag or a family but I just didn't do it this time (shame on me). I'll do better next time, I promise.


There are a couple of reasons why I like the next sheet, A4-Sections, which you will find out tomorrow. Also, I plan on discussing the time (billing) it took to do this small job.


Previous Post in Series: Revit Design Adventures: Six Sheets in Six Days, Day 2 (19)
Next Post in Series: Revit Design Adventures: Six Sheets in Six Days, Day 4 (21) 

No comments: